Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gene Barry will always be cool!

There was an item in the paper today that Gene Barry passed away at ago 90. For those who don't remember, he was Bat Masterson and, later Amos Burke in the series "Burke's Law." There never was anybody cooler or more suave than those two characters. The article said he suffered from Alzheimer's in later years. If so, I am glad thje last picture I saw of him was over a decade ago.

I understand we all go some day. And if we live to age 90, our looks are going to undergo a serious change. But it pains me to think of somebody that sharp not being able to keep up with the world anymore.

So I will comfort myself that, in his heyday, Gene Barry was about the coolest cat around. One hopes he rode in through the front gates in a fancy stagecoach or a limo. He should come into his next gig the way he did in the past.

No comments: