Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'll pass on this one

The word is out that we are soon going to get see pictures of the now late Osama bin Laden. I have little doubt they will become one of the most viewed pictures ever. If I happen to come across it (either via TV or otherwise), I may take a look out of curiosity. But I have no plans to do a search to find the picture.

Why? Because I have no desire to look at something that has been described as gruesome.

If i want to see gruesome, all I need to do is flip on the TV and find a cop show in HD. There is always enough blood and guts to go around for a good fix.

Or I can watch Drew Butera bat for the Twins.

I have no illusions on this one. In a society where we still have cockfighting and dog fighting, can there be any doubt of a desire for a market for this picture? But that doesn't mean I have to join in.

Being in the minority is often painful. But not this time.

No comments: